Source: Streetwise Reports 04/04/2019
A ROTH Capital Partners note found the timing of the strategy “propitious.”
In an April 2 research note, analyst John White reported that ROTH Capital Partners raised its target price on Torchlight Energy Resources Inc. (TRCH:NASDAQ) to $2.70 per share from $1.75 after the company announced its intention to seek a strategic transaction. In comparison, Torchlight is trading now at around $1.46 per share. ROTH rates the company a Buy.
Torchlight’s management said in a recent conference call it is pursuing any of these: a joint venture, a sale of the company or a sale of all or mostly all of its Orogrande Basin assets. The reason they cited is that “positive drilling and testing results to date warrant this move,” White noted.
In fact, all of the company’s exploration wells drilled in H2/19 and 2019 tested positive for the presence of oil and gas and/or showed direct signs of them. “Torchlight prudently executed a wide array of electric logs and core samples to further evaluate the petroleum systems encountered and further reduce risk,” noted White.
To generate some potential acquirers or joint venture partners, Torchlight will market itself, initially circulate an initial document to major oil entities and large exploration and production (E&P) companies.
White described the timing of this endeavor of Torchlight as “propitious,” particularly since ExxonMobil and Chevron both recently announced they intend to significantly bolster their onshore U.S. activity, particularly in the Permian Basin, which is near the Orogrande. Further, high-potential exploration opportunities are few. “We believe numerous major oil companies and large capitalization E&P companies will express interest,” he added.
While marketing, Torchlight will continue to analyze and interpret the geological and geophysical data but will not conduct any drilling.
Read what other experts are saying about:
- Torchlight Energy Resources Inc.
Sign up for our FREE newsletter at: www.streetwisereports.com/get-news
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Torchlight Energy Resources. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. As of the date of this article, an affiliate of Streetwise Reports has a consulting relationship with Torchlight Energy Resources. Please click here for more information.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article until three business days after the publication of the interview or article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of Torchlight Energy Resources, a company mentioned in this article.
Disclosures from ROTH Capital Partners, Torchlight Energy Resources Inc., Company Note, April 2, 2019
Regulation Analyst Certification (“Reg AC”): The research analyst primarily responsible for the content of this report certifies the following under Reg AC: I hereby certify that all views expressed in this report accurately reflect my personal views about the subject company or companies and its or their securities. I also certify that no part of my compensation was, is or will be, directly or indirectly, related to the specific recommendations or views expressed in this report.
Within the last twelve months, ROTH has received compensation for investment banking services from Torchlight Energy Resources, Inc.
ROTH makes a market in shares of Torchlight Energy Resources, Inc. Callon Petroleum Company, Earthstone Energy, Inc., Diamondback Energy, Inc. and Ring Energy, Inc. and as such, buys and sells from customers on a principal basis.
A Research Analyst and/or a member of the Analyst’s household own(s) debt or equity securities of Torchlight Energy Resources, Inc. stock.
Shares of Torchlight Energy Resources, Inc. may be subject to the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Penny Stock Rules, which may set forth sales practice requirements for certain low-priced securities.
Within the last twelve months, ROTH has managed or co-managed a public offering for Torchlight Energy Resources, Inc.
ROTH Capital Partners, LLC expects to receive or intends to seek compensation for investment banking or other business relationships with the covered companies mentioned in this report in the next three months.
( Companies Mentioned: TRCH:NASDAQ,